If you have an account with us already please login below.
I acknowledge that The Bloody Long Walk is a fundraising event and will try my bloody hardest to raise at least $10 per kilometre ($350) to help find a cure for mitochondrial disease
I agree to the terms and conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING A WAIVER AND RELEASE
FROM LIABILITY, CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING WITH YOUR ENTRY
In registering for The Bloody Long Walk 2019 (Event) for
the Mito Foundation (incorporated as the Australian Mitochondrial Disease
Foundation Limited) (AMDF), I agree to the following terms
1. If you are under 16 years of age at the date of the Event, you must be
accompanied on the Event by a participating parent or guardian.
2. If you are under 18 years of age at the date of the Event, a parent or
guardian must accept the Terms and Conditions for and on your behalf.
3. You must be medically and physically fit and able to participate in the
4. You must not be a danger to yourself or to the health and safety of
5. I accept that the entry fee for an individual Event participant is
$125.00 (plus transaction fees, including GST), unless otherwise
discounted, excluding Event participants in a corporate team.
6. I accept that the entry fee for a corporate team of up to four Event
participants is $660.00 (plus transaction fees, including GST), unless
7. I accept that the AMDF may offer discounted entry fees at its
8. I understand that the Event will be free to spectators.
9. I accept that I must sign in on or prior to the day of the Event at one
of the designated check-in areas. If signing in on the day of the Event I
must at least 30
minutes prior to my allocated start time.
10. I accept that non-corporate teams may consist of two or more Event
11. I accept that corporate teams may consist of up to four Event
12. I acknowledge that I will provide the AMDF or its authorised
representatives with the name and contact details of the team co-ordinator
if I enter as part of a team, and agree that the AMDF or its authorised
representatives may contact the person and exchange my/our personal
information with them.
13. I will try my bloody best to fundraise a minimum of $350.00 per
individual Event participant for the AMDF.
14. I understand that the fundraising component is not compulsory and that
donations can be made online via the Bloody Long Walk website and I
acknowledge that any donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that
these donations may be tax deductible.
15. I understand that incentives (the number and nature of which will be
decided by the AMDF) may be awarded to the individuals or teams in relation
to their fundraising.
16. The decision to participate in the Event is entirely my own and I
understand that walking and/or running is a potentially hazardous activity.
I declare, as a condition of entry into the Event, that I have undertaken
sufficient training for the Event. I attest that I am physically fit prior
to undertaking the Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury,
physical disability or impairment that may cause me injury or death during
or as a consequence of Event participation.
17. I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation in the
Event, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury. I
agree, in consideration of, and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in
the Event for myself, my heirs, executors and/or administrators to hereby
waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which could, would or
might arise out of my death or injury, damage or loss of any description
whatsoever that I may suffer or sustain in the course of, or consequent
upon my entry or participation in the Event or as a result of any acts or
omissions whether negligent or otherwise of the AMDF, their authorised
representatives or any other party involved in the Event.
18. This waiver, release and discharge shall be (and operate separately) in
favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved, or otherwise
engaged in promotion or staging the Event (including but not limited to the
AMDF) and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors,
employees, servants, representatives, promoters, sponsors and volunteers,
including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event, the
owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of
it takes place, any statutory body or local authority having control over
any land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place or which is
involved directly or indirectly with the Event in any manner whatsoever.
This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors,
personal representatives and assigns.
19. I acknowledge that under no circumstances will a refund be provided for
20. I acknowledge that if the Event is cancelled by the AMDF, then the AMDF
will refund to me the entry fee paid by me.
21. I acknowledge that, except in the case of cancellation of the Event by
the AMDF (as noted above) or due to exceptional circumstances (to be
determined at the sole discretion of the AMDF and its authorised
representatives), refunds will not be provided for the entry fee paid by
22. I acknowledge that my registration can be transferred to another person
by contacting AMDF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I acknowledge that an administration fee of $22.00 (plus transaction fees,
including GST) will be charged to transfer my registration.
23. I acknowledge that I should seek medical advice prior to participating
in the Event if I have suffered or I am suffering from a medical condition.
24. Consent to medical treatment: I consent to receiving any medical
treatment that the AMDF’s medical and paramedical personnel appointed for
the Event or his/her authorised representatives consider necessary or
desirable during or after the Event.
25. I acknowledge that I will provide an emergency contact name and phone
number when requested by the AMDF or its authorised representatives and
agree that the AMDF or their authorised representatives may contact that
person and exchange my personal information with them in case of an
26. I consent to the publication and/or use of my name, challenge result,
image, voice, statement or otherwise, (including the publication of my name
and/or Event result in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or
other account of this Event, in any form of media and social media
whatsoever including advertising and promotions for future AMDF events, or
for any legitimate purpose without payment or compensation).
27. During the Event I agree to, abide by the directions of the AMDF or its
authorised representatives and walk/run with care and consideration of
others on the course.
28. I agree to read all Event rules, regulations and conditions and conform
29. I acknowledge that the AMDF or its authorised representatives may
remove me from the Event area and/or exclude me from participation in the
(a) if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive;
(b) to prevent damage to any property;
(c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible
harm or injury to myself or any other person); and/or
(d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including
30. I accept that I will require basic navigation skills to complete the
31. I accept that it is recommended that I practice the Event route in
advance of the Event, although this is not compulsory.
32. I accept that I will be notified of my strict course start time prior
to the Event and I will adhere to my allocated start time.
33. I accept that the course will not be marked at regular intervals.
34. I accept the course has intermediate check points.
35. I accept that if I decide to abandon the Event at any point after
crossing the start line, I will immediately notify the AMDF or its
authorised representatives (including any volunteers) on route or by
36. I accept that it is my responsibility to get myself, and any Event
participant under 18 years of age of which I am the parent/guardian, home
regardless of whether I or we complete the Event or abandon the Event prior
37. I accept that I will be notified of my strict course cut off time ( Cut-Off Time) prior to the Event. In the circumstance
where I do not finish the course by the Cut-Off Time, I accept and agree
that I may be transported to the finish line by the AMDF or its authorised
representatives (including any volunteers).
38. I accept that the AMDF will not provide parking for Event participants
or spectators for the Event. I accept that it is my responsibility to
locate suitable parking before or during the Event.
39. I acknowledge that there is comprehensive information in relation to
the challenge available on the Bloody Long Walk website
40. I acknowledge that all entry kits (including bibs) will be provided
during sign in on the day of the Event or prior to the Event for certain
41. I acknowledge that the Event is a challenge, rather than a race.
42. I understand that I can gain access to my personal information and
request that such details be updated if they change in the future by
writing to the AMDF at email@example.com
43. Privacy Statement: The AMDF and its authorised representatives respect
and value the privacy of all information we collect about Event
participants. As the organisers of the Event, the amdf and its authorised
representative collect information about participants for the
administration and conduct of the Event. Information collected will be
securely stored on our database. It may be disclosed to medical and
paramedical personnel for delivering medical services. Event participant's
information may also be given to the AMDF’s public relations consultant for
the generation of media stories with prior consent. Any sensitive
information that you provide will be used to help us identify and share
information relating to events and matters that may be of interest to you.
There is no obligation to provide sensitive information. By
entering this Event, you consent to your personal information being
provided and used as outlined above. You further consent to receiving
information and marketing material from the AMDF and its
44. I declare that all the information supplied by me on the entry form is
true and correct.
Mito Foundation supports people affected by mitochondrial disease (mito),
funds essential research into the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cures
of mitochondrial disorders, and increases awareness and education about this